Pulled from the full job description
Cycle to work scheme
Private medical insurance
Full Job Description
White Cross Vets are looking for a dynamic veterinary surgeon to join their busy surgery in Northampton! Our ideal candidate is a motivated vet who can thrive in our practice and provide a high-quality service. You will be confident and professional and have experience working in sole charge, whilst fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work together to provide a quality experience for the pet owner and pets alike.
The role is part-time (30 hours per week), between the hours of 8 am – 7 pm Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will be required to take part in a Saturday Rota, with time taken back in lieu.
The salary for this role is up to £47,500 depending on experience.
Our fantastic team is currently made up of 5 vets (2 with medicine certificates, and 2 studying imaging and ECC respectively), 6 nurses, a student nurse and 4 client care coordinators. We are proud to have a behaviourist nurse, ECC nurse and ISFM nurse within the team and we have a mobile imaging specialist, cardiologist, and medic for support. Here at White Cross, we have four core principles; quality, integrity, responsibility, and growth, and working towards certificates in your special interest is strongly encouraged!
We love getting together outside of work, along with our locums, and we recently played laser tag which was great fun. We take our well-being afternoons very seriously, and most recently had a pamper afternoon with face masks, food or team games! Speaking of food, we’re surrounded by great restaurants and fast food places as well as supermarkets for lunch on the go!
- Experience in Small Animal practice
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 7 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.