Job Title – Software Developer
Location – Glasgow, City Centre
Hours – 40
Competitive salary, bonus & benefits, full training will be given
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
Optical Express is one of the World’s leading providers of complete eye care operating throughout the UK, Ireland, Germany and Croatia. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be joining a well-established and respected in-house Software Development team.
Over the years the Development team have delivered high-end enterprise software for daily operational use within the business. A sample of these systems are:
- Call Centre software to handle patient and customer bookings with integrated functionality to the phone system for outbound calling.
- Diary and scheduling systems for managing Clinic diaries and appointments across the business.
- Lead Management module for handling inbound leads. There are hooks here into the Call Centre software.
- CRM module for administering patient data.
- Practise Management system for recording all patient medical data.
- Communications module for automatically handling all digital communication to patient and customers.
- Point of Sale system for the processing of different types of sale plus many other processes that are carried out daily.
- Employee Management module for administering employee data across the business.
- Timekeeping module to handle employee timekeeping and holidays.
- Questionnaire framework – allows for patient questionnaires to be created for data capture. This allows for multiple devices e.g. Tablets and PCs.
- Valued Reporting suite which takes advantage of the extensive data captured across all systems. These are segregated by business function.
- Extensive range of APIs that serve different areas of the business and also integrate with third parties for example the NHS.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing and deployment of new features and enhancements to new and existing in-house software. The team is very much an open book where your contribution is encouraged. If you have an idea or view on how we could approach a particular business problem or project then this is always welcome! If you want to work on interesting projects and see the direct fruits of your labour, then this is the role for you!
Key technologies you will work with are: C# and SQL Server.
- Team flexitime policy. Core hours are between 10:00 and 15:00. You are free to come and go out with of these hours.
- Flexible working. Once established in the team then there is the opportunity to allow for working from home.
- Private Healthcare through Bupa (It is possible to add in further members of the family at a small cost).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Modern working environment in 5-star office location.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of working with C#.
- Understanding and knowledge of OOP.
- Understanding of RDBMS such as SQL Server or MySQL.
- WCF and Web API.
- Experience of version control systems.
It would be beneficial if you had:
- Demonstrable development experience with Winforms.
- A minimum of three year’s commercial experience working with relevant object-oriented languages.
- Microsoft Entity Framework.
- Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Logical thinker.
- Good problem-solving techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a multi skilled team.
- Self-starter able to show initiative.