Small Animal Vet
Practice Type: Small Animal Practice
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Posted on: 7 Nov 2022
Veterinary Surgeon required at Chapelfield Veterinary Partnership
The RoleChapelfield Veterinary Partnership are going through an exciting period of growth and are looking to add two dynamic Veterinary Surgeons to their team. The position will entail covering our first opinion and surgical workload at the Costessey practice but with the opportunity to work at the other sites in the group. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, across 4 days, with flexible hours planned with vet colleagues and the practice team. Saturday consulting sessions cover on a rota basis. The salary for this role is up to £65,000 depending on experience.
About UsThe Chapelfield group has been a significant part of the community for a great many years and has been a beacon of high-quality veterinary care for our clients. We have long-established small animal, equine and farm practices including five practices in and around Norwich with the farm practice covering East Anglia from North Norfolk down to Essex and across into Cambridgeshire. Our small animal practices are in Norwich, Wymondham, Long Stratton, Brooke, and Costessey with our Equine centre at our purpose-built Brooke site. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we start to transform our business and make changes to ensure we are clinically fit and financially viable for the future. This transformation includes new ways of working, role development and enhancement and a defined clinical strategy with associated service development and development for the entire team. We are committed to developing the clinical and support teams to ensure we can meet our short, medium, and long-term goals.
About the Team and CultureOur staff and the Chapelfield team are our biggest strength, in addition to the fantastic facilities, we have to offer our clients. We have over 30 vets working across all disciplines and ranging from new graduates to established senior colleagues with many years of experience and knowledge to share with the team. The group has specialist-trained colleagues and services and internal referrals for Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Dental and Orthopaedic surgery. We are currently building and developing our nursing team with a multi-disciplinary programme of role review, development, and enhancement to better support our vets, and we have a highly skilled support team to ensure the smooth running and management of each practice.
Applicant RequirementsWe are looking for enthusiastic vets to join our team and help shape the new future of this large and growing veterinary partnership. We can support new graduates and readily welcome experienced veterinary colleagues that wish to further develop their skills and specialist interests.
Because our employee’s matterWe recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from – Work-life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care