Pulled from the full job description
Cycle to work scheme
Full Job Description
Operose Health are leaders in digital-first primary care providing high quality, accessible and resilient NHS services for our patients. We currently serve over 600,000 patients across 66 GP practices and in community services in ten locations.
We are proud to be an accredited Living Wage employer.
- On a day-to-day basis ensure the delivery of excellent patient care by leading the practice team with vision and drive
- Be a champion of equality and diversity, ensuring good community culture across the practice, utilising organisational communication tools and resources.
- In addition to the admin team, provide support to the clinical and nursing teams
- Manage services as required to meet contractual, quality and safety expectations
- Ensure there is a system in place to effectively communicate with staff and patients within the practice including regular practice meetings and leadership of the practice patient participation group
- Plan and deliver the necessary changes to the running of the practice to ensure the needs of patients and contractual obligations are met e.g. revised workplans and rotas
- Identification and implementation of systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the practice
To be considered for this exciting role you must have
- Degree level certification Relevant management or finance qualification
- Significant people, appraisal and performance management systems experience
- Good working knowledge of employment law, health & safety, employment contracts Experienced with Microsoft Office software Significant
- Experience of dealing with the public/patients
- Demonstrable experience of developing and working with teams
- Financial management experience
- Demonstrable experience of working within a budget and increasing income
In return we offer
- Market leading salary scales
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro rata
- An opportunity to significantly develop your existing skillset
- Sector Leading Training
- Access to our bespoke learning management system
- Annual formative clinical assessments to support competency development
- Varied opportunities for career development within our wider organisation
- A range of other exciting employee benefits such as car benefit scheme, cycle to work schemes, travel season ticket loans, discount cards and employee wellbeing services.
Working with the site Clinical and Operational Leads to manage and lead the practice both operationally and strategically, ensuring achievement of targets, delivery within budget and the development of the service.
This includes line management of the administrative staff and the clinical rota and being responsible for the day-to-day smooth running of the practice supported by the Regional Manager and Clinical Leadership.
In addition, the Practice Manager is required to develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders and ensure delivery of a high quality, value for money service to patients.
To be the CQC registered manager for the site where required.
If this sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply today!