Boots UK–Whiston, Borough of Knowsley
Job Description The importance of your role. Be part of our ambition to be the world’s leading Pharmacy-led retailer. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re proud to offer legendary care every day; it’s what sets us apart from other UK Pharmacy chains. This is a great opportunity to develop your Pharmacy career and make a difference to the lives of our patients. How will you do it? With a technical yet personable approach, you’ll inspire the pharmacy team around you, making sure that our standards reflect that we care about our patients. Legally and ethically we want to give them the very best service. Accuracy and care is what this role is all about. You will deliver the safe and effective running of the pharmacy and healthcare business, and lead the day-to-day running of the dispensary. You will be an expert in the technical aspects of the supply of medicines, whilst delivering excellent patient care. Guiding and supporting your pharmacy team and working closely with the Pharmacist and Store Leader you’ll be influential in growing our business. What you’ll be doing day to day. You will help deliver the safe and effective running of the pharmacy and healthcare business, and lead the day-to-day running of the dispensary. Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for legal, safe & ethical decision-making in the pharmacy.
- Delivering on-target delivery of items and services income.
- Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
- Tailoring conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs and coaching other pharmacy team members to do the same.
- Seeking opportunities to engage external stakeholders to secure locally commissioned services and drive services and items.
- Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensures dispensing losses are minimised.
- Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and checking of prescriptions.
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.