People Team Advisor – CIPD Level 3 Qualified
Job Title – People Team Advisor
Location – Glasgow City Centre
Hours – 40
Salary – Competitive salary & benefits
Optical Express is the UK’s only complete eye care provider, and Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye surgery and premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. Operating clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express, supported by an esteemed International Medical Advisory Board, is a thought leader in the global optometry and refractive surgery industry.
Optical Express gives patients their very best results through investing in state of the art technology, employing experienced, highly skilled surgeons and optometrists, continuously analysing clinical outcomes and working with pioneers and innovators from within the industry, to include Johnson & Johnson Vision and Zeiss.
The successful candidate will work within a fast paced environment, while supporting the delivery of a high standard of HR service. They will provide advice, guidance and support on a range of people and ER issues and will be required to manage multiple caseloads at any given time.
The role will cover the following aspects of corporate HR:
- Providing HR advice, guidance and support to line managers on ER issues ranging from, sickness absence and capability, performance management, probation and other people policies.
- Establishing a strong professional working relationship with all colleagues within the People Team function, HR Shared Services as well as line managers to guide and assist the delivery of an effective, compliant HR service.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to ER cases.
- Coaching line managers.
- Championing people policies, procedures and tools to drive a consistent approach across the organisation.
- Ability to complete administrative functions ranging from, meeting invitation letters, outcome letters, notetaking and other administrative duties.
- Supporting the People Team Administrators.
- Proven experience within HR Assistant or HR Advisor role within a fast paced, multi-site organisation.
- Experience in managing multiple ER issues at any one time.
- Confidence to apply your knowledge and skills to support the needs of the organisation.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Knowledge and experience of UK employment law is desirable.
- CIPD Level 3 qualified.
We have almost 105 locations throughout the UK and Ireland as such there is a requirement to undertake travel from time to time.
This role will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience working within a global organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Free or discounted optical procedures and products
- On site restaurant and spa facilities at our Glasgow offices
- Discounted city centre parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career progression
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
With clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express provide the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer.