What you’ll do
Location: Connswater, Belfast
Salary: Generous salary, negotiable depending on experience
Working hours: Part time (3 days a week)
Experience level: You must be a GOC registered Optometrist
Specsavers in Connswater is looking for an ambitious and talented Optometrist to join them. The focus at this store is about pulling together and working as a team to ensure that our valued patients have an excellent experience. Become our new Optometrist at Specsavers in Connswater – a highly successful store with a great reputation for staff progression and the very highest standards of customer care.
What’s on Offer?
- Generous basic salary, negotiable depending on experience
- Part time role available (3 days per week)
- Excellent bonus structure
- Annual leave of either 12 days + bank holidays (pro rata) + £600 additional salary OR 15 days + bank holidays (pro rata) *annual leave entitlement has been calculated for a 3 day working week. Full time entitlement is 20 days + bank holidays + £1000 or 25 days + bank holidays*
- Private health and dental cover
- Pension contribution
- Outstanding clinical and professional development opportunities – we have supported 8 people through our Pathway scheme, they have now gone on to own their own stores!
- Support with CET
- Access to the latest clinical technology such as OCT
- New store refit coming soon!
We are passionate about the development of our team, and as our new Optometrist, we would support you with extra courses and specialisms that interest you. Whatever your ambitions, from our leadership pathway to WOPEC qualifications and independent prescribing to paediatric accreditations or enhanced optical services, we’ll do everything we can to help you be the best clinician/leader you can be.
Our store is located within a busy shopping centre in the vibrant city of Belfast. With excellent transport links, it’s not uncommon for people to commute from far and wide. There’s something here for everyone: from shops, bars and restaurants to museums and parks for families to enjoy. As an Optometrist in Connswater, your client base will be very diverse – but with plenty of familiar faces of course.
Our store is an accredited Platinum Employer – this means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of the Specsavers drive to become a famous place to work. Stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards: Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
What we’re looking for
You’ll need to be a qualified and GOC registered Optometrist with the drive, passion, and the willingness to build upon our customer-focused culture. As part of our team, you’ll need to be able to provide a unique blend of customer care and professional excellence. You’ll need to demonstrate good attention to detail along with a passion for the community. Teamwork also forms a big part of our culture, so the ability to work well with others is essential.
Find out more