What you’ll do
Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight
Salary: up to £70,000 + £10,000 joining bonus + £5,000 relocation support + £10,000 retention bonus + benefits
Working hours: Full Time or Part Time
Experience level: You must be a GOC registered Optometrist
A rare opportunity has become available for Optometrists to join the team at the Ryde practice on the Isle of Wight. The store is part of the UK’s most trusted optical brand.
We are looking for driven professionals to drive the store success even further, there is even the exciting prospect of becoming a join Venture Partner. In return the following package is on offer:
- An annual salary of up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
- Up to £10,000 joining bonus
- A further £5,000 relocation support
- £10,000 bonus after 2 years of employment
- Rewarding bonus scheme based on personal performance
- Relocation package to help candidates interested in relocating to the island
- 33 days holiday per annum
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- A range of benefits to include a medical and dental package, generous pension scheme, all professional fees paid and death in service
- Full support and progression available including CET courses, ILM management courses supported, JVP Pathway support and movement to Lead/Senior Optometrist roles
- Pre-reg supervision required
The Ryde store is due for a refit and is currently under new management and direction:
- Relaxed 25 minute test time clinics
- Both phoropter and trial frames available in all test rooms
- Close links with ophthalmic department at local hospital
- Parking nearby at both Ryde and Newport stores
- Choice of involvement in contact lens work
- Close-knit, motivated teams
- Choice of whether to work in the larger Newport store or the smaller Ryde store
What the island offers:
- Unique island lifestyle
- Lots of opportunity for those interested in sailing/water sports. A great seaside town.
- Very regular crossings to the mainland (both Portsmouth and Southampton) with the quickest being a mere 10 minutes!
- Reasonable house prices whilst still offering island living
- Offering history and heritage alongside a lively diary of island events
- A great, safe place to bring up children with fantastic schools.
- Amazing restaurants.