Dispensing Optician (3K Wecome Bonus!)
What you’ll do
Salary: Up to 26K (Depending on optics experience)
Welcome Bonus: 3K golden hello (terms apply)
Working Hours: Full time preferred, part time considered
Experience Level: Will consider experienced or newly qualified dispensing opticians
Your future is clear at Specsavers Milton Keynes where there’s always something exciting ahead.
Come and join our accomplished team as a Dispensing Optician at Specsavers Milton Keynes, where we are at the height of customer care. Join us and help work to ensure every single one of our customers receives the very best patient experience. We’re community-focused and we need someone ready to use their passion, skills and experience to build on our ever-growing and loyal customer base.
Our Dispensing Opticians are the face of our clinic on the shop floor and usually an integral part of our store management team, so we’re keen to get you up to speed with management responsibilities. With ILM courses, pre-reg supervision and Specsavers Partnership Pathway available, we can guide you on your way to becoming a great leader. This – along with your clinical expertise – will stand you in good stead if you choose to become a store director yourself one day.
We’re dedicated to our customers, but what really makes this role stand out is that we offer a workplace with a difference – where people grow both personally and professionally.
What’s on offer?
- Welcoming, diverse, and experienced team
- Would be working alongside 6 other DO’s and 1 TDO
- Car parking costs covered
- 2 Partners committed to development of team and have trained many DO’s, CLO’s, a DO with LV honours, supported management development with ILM and pathway and have a combined experience of over 40 in the industry years between them
- Free Nespresso!
- All ABDO and GOC fees paid
- Annual leave increases each year for first 5 years (from 28 days to 33 days)
- Signed up to Specsavers Perks – discounts or cashback at almost 1000 retailers
- Ensure that you provide good levels of customer service to customers at all times.
- Liaise with Optometrists to ensure that each customer you dispense receives a consistent quality handover.
- Manage aftersales service (including complaints and problem solving) in a customer service focused ‘can do’ manner.
- Contribute to achievement of individual and team sales targets by demonstrating effective professional sales techniques.
Then there’s you
Alongside being a qualified and GOC registered Dispensing Optician, we are searching for someone who shares our store’s ethos. Someone who wants to grow, develop and offer exceptional customer care along the way. We want a practitioner who prides themselves on their clinical judgment, that isn’t afraid of a hands-on approach and who is keen to get involved and build rapport with the rest of the team. In summary, we’re looking for a skilled Dispensing Optician to join us, be part of the team and assist in driving our practice forward.