What you’ll do
Position: Dispensing Optician
Salary: Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Working Hours: Full-Time or Part Time
Experience Level: Must have previous experience working in an optician and must have a GOC number.
Your future is clear at Specsavers Ashton-Under-Lyne, where there’s always something exciting ahead.
Come and join our accomplished team as a Dispensing Optician at Specsavers Ashton-Under-Lyne, where we are at the height of customer care. Join us and help work to ensure every single one of our customers receives the very best patient experience. We’re community-focused and we need someone ready to use their passion, skills and experience to build on our ever-growing and loyal customer base.
As a Dispensing Optician in Ashton-Under-Lyne, you’ll use your skills to give customers an ophthalmic dispensing service of the highest clinical standards. You’ll be a role model for more junior staff, working your magic with customers, liaising with the optical, retail and lab teams, and giving clear, sound advice. Your efforts will help to drive overall store sales as well as customer loyalty – which will make you a key member of the team. With ILM courses, pre-reg supervision and Specsavers Partnership Pathway available, we can guide you on your way to becoming a great leader. This – along with your clinical expertise – will stand you in good stead if you choose to become a store director yourself one day.
We’re dedicated to our customers, but what really makes this role stand out is that we offer a workplace with a difference – where people grow both personally and professionally.
What’s on offer?
- Outstanding annual salary up to £25,000 depending on experience
- Bonus scheme based on sales performance
- Pension contribution
- Support with CET
- Exceptional clinical and professional development opportunities
- Access to cutting-edge clinical technology, such as OCT
The Role in a Nutshell:
- Ensure that you provide good levels of customer service to customers at all times.
- Liaise with Optometrists to ensure that each customer you dispense receives a consistent quality handover.
- Manage aftersales service (including complaints and problem solving) in a customer service focused ‘can do’ manner.
- Contribute to achievement of individual and team sales targets by demonstrating effective professional sales techniques.
Then there’s you
Alongside being a qualified and GOC registered Dispensing Optician, we are searching for someone who shares our store’s ethos. Someone who wants to grow, develop and offer exceptional customer care along the way. We want a practitioner who prides themselves on their clinical judgment, that isn’t afraid of a hands-on approach and who is keen to get involved and build rapport with the rest of the team. In summary, we’re looking for a skilled Dispensing Optician to join us, be part of the team and assist in driving our practice forward.
Get in touch