Community MH Pharmacy Technician
Full Job Description
1. To support the Chief Pharmacist in the provision of a specialist, safe, efficient and professional pharmacy service to community mental health teams involved in the provision of mental health services to adults within Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust. 2. To support the community mental health teams with Medicines Optimisation to prevent hospital admission and wherever possible facilitate transition safely into primary care. 3. To undertake medicines management duties as a pharmacy technician and support with designated responsibilities associated with medicines optimisation. 4. To promote patient safety, identify and mitigate medication-related risks in the Community.
- To be an integral member of the community mental health pharmacy team and provide medicines management services. there are three roles one for each division, Barnet, Enfield and Haringey. You will be an integral part of the core and specialist teams that you serve, and a member of our pharmacy team.
- To work with members of the community mental health teams to provide safe, timely, appropriate and high-quality pharmaceutical services for community based patients.
- To work with the multidisciplinary team, third sector organisations, patients and carers to improve service delivery, experience and outcomes for patients who take medications for a mental health condition.
- To ensure safe transition of care between interfaces ensuring that medication changes are communicated to all teams and services involved in the patient’s care.
- Ensuring that patient’s physical health is considered as part of a holistic package of care ensuring that the impact of interactions between physical health and mental health conditions and treatments is reviewed and that appropriate monitoring is undertaken.