Assistant Store Manager (Retail)
About the opportunity
Working with your Store Manager you will use inspirational leadership skills to drive your team to deliver exceptional customer and patient care, whilst delivering business growth for your store.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive passion and energy in your team to deliver on sales and service targets, always keeping a firm eye on costs and profitability, and ensuing continuous improvement where possible
- To lead their team to ensure compliance to the Boots Opticians clinical governance agenda by promoting the highest standards
- Leading for Active Care in their store, ensuring that customer and colleague health and safety is at the heart of everything you do
- Support the store succession plan by developing talent for your store and key roles within the area
- Accountability for cash accounting compliance within your store and that all related polices are implemented and upheld
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, and caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be a great communicator, both in 1:1 and group situations
- Be exemplary in working to lead and deliver the business plans and a first class customer journey
- Create a positive, energising climate for teams, working at pace with a strong delivery mind-set
- Be an excellent leader with the ability to coach and develop individuals and teams
- Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development
- Demonstrate at minimum a basic level of knowledge and understanding of opticians practice
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- Attractive bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one. What’s next?
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.